Tuesday 18 August 2009

R Kelly - Bump 'n' Grind

"My mind's tellin' me no, but my body's tellin' me yes...". So begins one of Kelly's finest works. There doesn't seem to be any official video available, though there is this pretty fruity live performance right here.


You just can't deny the brilliance of this song - it's fire. When me and some friends when to an R&B night in Shoreditch recently, this came on. We drunkenly got on the stage and bumped and ground, we thought we looked amazing. We looked like twats. This is the power of R Kelly.

2 comments:

  1. 'Let me lick you up and down...' also holds the same brilliance of one Mr Kelly's. 'Freak me' is a a tune to inforce that same feeling that that your are amazing, bumping and grinding away....i just feel a little more filthy doing it tho...

    Which is no surprise when the original SIlk video is just pure filth...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4DLlBFO0EU&NR=1


    Another Level's version still has that quality but just a little more tamer. Although still brilliant they just didn't quite have it right for me. I guess this is one for the kids

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSADcB09t_0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one - totally forgot about Silk - such an obvious choice, next on the list!

    ReplyDelete