Saturday 15 August 2009

Busta Rhymes - Gimme Some More

As a shorty, playing in the front yard of the crib, I fell down and bumped my head. Later that night my dad accidently gave me some wine and I had an allergic reaction and went all red and swollen and had to go to hospital for two days. I was kinda cross with my dad, so when I got out I chased him about a bit. I recounted this story to Busta and Hype Williams, and this provided the inspiration to the music video of 'Gimme Some More' (except Busta goes all blue in the film).

I still clearly remember my dad saying to me in hospital "Oh, so that mean you gon' switch it on 'em?"


Basically I love this song, it's the pinnacle of his rapid-fire lyrical prowess. But even more; Hype Williams is straight fire. Can't get enough of his shit. Busta is seen as a boxer, stock broker, police officer, miner, pistol-toting Texan, body builder, pimp and a person tied up about to get run over by a train. Hype is one of the greatest music video makers of all time.



No comments:

Post a Comment