Thursday 13 August 2009

DMX - Ruff Ryder's Anthem

First up, Dark Man X is brilliant. Some pretty weird tracks on some even weirder album covers. This track is from ‘It Dark And Hell Is Hot’, but for my money ‘Flesh Of My Flesh, Blood Of My Blood’ has a genuinely classic hip-hop album cover. It's a bouncin' tune, that pretty much gets me pumped for doing stuff, like doing wheelies down the motorway at night on my Kawasaki. This is the overtly masculine music video for the ‘Ruff Ryder’s Anthem';

Great stuff. Even better though is a version of the song I heard on 'Chomp On This' over Atiba Jefferson's part. I remember in the video, everytime the gang shouts 'What!' a little DMX Pac Man, complete with bandana, pops in to the screen and shouts along with the music...

During 'Welcome to the Jungle' at the start of the film, there's a little Axel Rose Pac Man wailing and screaming too! For fans of video game based hip-hop, be sure to check out Beanie Sigal's Macman. Anyway, the 'Ruff Ryder's Anthem' is good, but the remix is better. Listen;

More DMX to come. "Look what you done started!"

No comments:

Post a Comment