Wednesday 26 August 2009

LL Cool J - Loungin'

"Chanel on your feet"

This is a classic mid-period affair from Mr. Smith, but it's the sample that makes it. It don't mean I dislike it, I actually really enjoy it. It's an above average LL song, nowhere near as bad as 'Ain't Nobody' (lazy track/awful yet amazing video).


But it's all about the original. I never got exposed to Bernard Wright when I was younger, I think this song was from the mid-eighties, and I haven't got a bad thing to say about it. It really is a fantastic tune and video. There's something about this song (and Bernard Wright) that is really genuine and sincere. The chorus part of the video has a nice effect where they spin around on the floor and the world goes upside down and back again; it really gets the point across.

No comments:

Post a Comment